Manchester Carers Network Carers Learning Support Worker
Job Title: Carers Learning Support Worker
Accountable to: Manchester Carers Network Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Head of Carers Services
Reporting to: Manchester Carers Network Co-ordinator
Location: Gaddum Centre, hospital and community settings
Salary: £20,661 (pro rata)
Hours: 17.5 hours per week (flexibility required).
The job is to provide short term support to carers who are participating or wish to participate in activities organised under Manchester Carers Network Learning and Development programme.
Carers who will benefit from the support are likely to have more than one specific issue that they want to address and will be accessing more than one learning and development opportunity.
Tasks will include;
- Helping to promote the carers learning programme
- Supporting delivery of MCN administrative processes for the overall programme and individual workshops
- Supporting individual carers to access the programme
- Supporting carers to put the learning from the programme into practice,
- Supporting carers to access ongoing support from Statutory and Voluntary sector organisations in the City of Manchester.
It is anticipated, that each carer will receive a 2-hour initial assessment and planning session, followed by up to 15 hours of support (over a maximum of 10 weeks) from a Sessional Worker.
The Learning Support Worker will support carers throughout the whole of the City of Manchester, so important requirements will be able to:
- travel independently
- to be able to prioritise effectively
- flexibility to accommodate the needs of carers and the programme (for example, occasional evening or weekend work)
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to HR@gaddum.co.uk or by post to Gaddum House, 6 Great Jackson St, Manchester, M15 4AX.
For informal discussion about the role please contact: 0161 834 6069
Closing date: Friday 1 February
Interview date: Tuesday 12 February
Carer support service coordinator – Manchester Carers Forum
Manchester Carers Forum are recruiting a full time carer support service coordinator. Please see below documents for further information:
Various volunteer roles – Being There
Being there are looking for volunteers for befriending/home support, respite sitting, social group and driver. Please see the document below for further information: