Admiral Nurses provide the specialist dementia support that families need. When things get challenging or difficult, our Nurses work alongside people with dementia, their families and carers: giving them one-to-one support, expert guidance and practical solutions.
In order to receive support from an Admiral Nurse in Manchester the person with a diagnosis of dementia must be open to a service within Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (e.g. Psychiatrist, Community Mental Health Team or Memory Clinic), a referral must be made by the professional involved.
- Person-centred assessments of the needs of family carers and individuals with dementia
- Psychological support
- Practical advice
- Helping family carers to develop and improve skills in care giving
- Guidance about how to access appropriate services
- Therapeutic, psycho-educational and social support groups for family carers
- Referral to treatment and support services
- End of life and bereavement support